The Blaxican: a man and his food truck
August 24th, 2012

The Blaxican: a man and his food truck

By Gavin Godfrey, CNN

(CNN) – Last year William Turner lost his job with a religious non-profit organization. That was the impetus for him to pursue a longheld dream: owning his own restaurant. Turner's research led him to the creation of his food truck (and alter ego), The Blaxican, which serves up what he calls, "Mexican soul food."

Turner says he's aware that some people have strong reactions to his name and concept.

[2:33] "We live in a politically incorrect or correct society where we're so  hypersensitive that even if we're not offended by something we think we should be offended by something. The Blaxican, it evokes an emotion, especially here in the south where race relationships for years have always been a hot-button for our society."

The son of a cook, Turner says that soul food is universal and in every culture there is cuisine that comes from the struggle to survive.

[3:32] "Soul food to me is food that is birthed out of struggle...Mexicans got soul food, it's called the tortilla. It's not a delicacy in Mexico. It's a piece of bread, but out of struggle they had to come up with ways to use that and frijoles and different things to try and feed their bellies."

From race relations to the history of the Philadelphia cheese steak, Turner's story goes far beyond his collard green quesadillas and jalapeno macaroni and cheese.

Posted by
Filed under: Food • Stories
  1. vngmedia affiliate network

Hey There. I found your weblog using msn. That is a really neatly written article. I'll be sure to bookmark it and come back to read more of your helpful information. Thanks for the post. I'll definitely return.

August 31, 2012 at 12:19 am | Report abuse |
  2. Jorge

This is my kind of guy, can't wait to try his stuff when I swing by Atlanta. As a Puerto Rican, I'm a SpanAfricArawak.

August 27, 2012 at 10:44 am | Report abuse |
  3. Marco

I am Mexican, I don't mind him calling his unit Blaxican, because my wife used that word on herself. I though it was a witty remark. There are many Blaxicans out there. As far as I am concern, they are my brothers too. If this Black man can cook, I am in!

August 27, 2012 at 8:34 am | Report abuse |
  4. Brad

Actually, it is probably awesome...... until they shut him down just like they did in Metairie and New Orleans after rebuilding was well underway. There were several people who had nice clean trucks with awesome food and provided a great service to people trying to help rebuild.........until the city decided to shut them down. I never found out the real story but I assume local restaurants started complaining after people started moving back. Politics 101.

August 27, 2012 at 8:09 am | Report abuse |
  5. crazycatman

I'm a Polokie - Polish mom, dad from Oklahoma.

August 26, 2012 at 5:10 pm | Report abuse |
  6. commenter

I don't think tortillas are bread. They are made of corn.

August 26, 2012 at 6:30 am | Report abuse |
    • voiceofreason

tortillas are corn, flour, wheat, multi-grain, etc. based just like bread that most people are used to. instead of using two thick slices of bread tortillas are used

August 26, 2012 at 7:01 pm | Report abuse |
    • Brad

Uh......yeah. Cornbread.

August 27, 2012 at 8:00 am | Report abuse |
    • Brad

Oh....and flour tortillas?

August 27, 2012 at 8:01 am | Report abuse |
    • thesaj

Guess you never heard of corn bread...

August 27, 2012 at 10:42 am | Report abuse |
    • Keith

You certainly aren't from the south, cornbread is what we all live on here.

August 27, 2012 at 12:15 pm | Report abuse |
  7. Xirdneh

He's a wetblack.

August 25, 2012 at 10:48 pm | Report abuse |
    • Marco

It seems funny to me that the "White" man turns something as meaningless as getting you back wet in crossing the Rio Grande into an insult. Somewhere the "White" man forgets he is human too. (Not all White are like that- thank "goodness")

August 27, 2012 at 9:13 am | Report abuse |
  8. Groo22

That food actually looks surprisingly delicious, and I'm white but I'd eat that whole menu, lol

August 25, 2012 at 8:15 pm | Report abuse |
  9. Chispanic

And coming soon... my original line of Chinegro, Hispasian, Koreagro, and Japegro delicacies fused together from East L.A. and the Far East.

August 25, 2012 at 4:03 pm | Report abuse |
  10. Sia

I'm Whack: Half White & Half Pakistani.

August 25, 2012 at 3:06 pm | Report abuse |
  11. Vic Vans

What horrible journalism...I had to link to dude's site to find out where he's located. CNN, what are your standards?

August 25, 2012 at 12:02 pm | Report abuse |
  12. More CNN "news"

Did anyone else get that this story is not a story, but a paragraph or two completely devoid of depth or substance?

August 25, 2012 at 8:52 am | Report abuse |
    • cacalips

Im a beanpole. Half mexican and half polish

August 25, 2012 at 9:42 am | Report abuse |
      • cacalips

Im a Cocksuk. Half cocaisan and half suthern mexican

August 25, 2012 at 9:43 am | Report abuse |
        • cacalips

IIm an analfuk; half argentenian and half falklander

August 25, 2012 at 9:47 am | Report abuse |
      • cacalips

Im a pussy. Half portoricain and half swiss

August 25, 2012 at 9:44 am | Report abuse |
        • cacalips

Ilm a Ballsac; half bulgarian and have sacromentoi-an

August 25, 2012 at 9:45 am | Report abuse |
        • cacalips

IIm a Jizzgurgler Half Japanesse and half urgandian

August 25, 2012 at 9:46 am | Report abuse |
  13. Moe Moe

Did anyone else get that this story is about a man who took a bad situation (unemployment) and used it as an opportunity to make his dream a reality?

August 25, 2012 at 7:34 am | Report abuse |
  14. mowalker

I went to the Blaxican food truck at the Food Truck Park in Atlanta. His fusion of Mexican and Soul food is fantastic! I love his food and the Food Truck Movement happening here!

August 25, 2012 at 5:36 am | Report abuse |
    • spyroo

good for himm i hope to god that his bussines succeds and he opens not just one but alot of restaurants we need people like him here in the us not the ones blocking ideas for making money

August 25, 2012 at 9:07 am | Report abuse |
  15. ¡Hola Cabrón!

There are Black Mexicans. Fact! Vera Cruz, Mexico, has a very large population with African roots. A very famous Jazz bass player, Abraham Laboriel, is from Mexico City. And even more popular than the word Blaxican, is the word Blatino, which is often used for many Puerto Ricans, and Dominicans. Latina America and the Caribbean have a very proud African lineage!

August 25, 2012 at 2:54 am | Report abuse |
    • WVirginia

Most Hispanics don’t see themselves fitting into the standard racial categories used by the U.S. Census Bureau. When it comes to race, according to the Pew Hispanic survey, half (51%) of Latinos identify their race as “some other race” or volunteer “Hispanic/Latino.” Meanwhile, 36% identify their race as white, and 3% say their race is black.

August 25, 2012 at 9:37 am | Report abuse |
  16. Marilyn

This is what America is all about, having the freedom to create and make a living with an idea of his own. I hope he expands or writes a book, would like to get his recipes. Good luck and keep on truckin.

August 25, 2012 at 2:19 am | Report abuse |
    • mikk2781

Well stated, thanks for keepin it positive! I completely agree with you–this guy had a great idea, and it looks like he is at least marginally successful. Way to go Blaxican!

August 25, 2012 at 3:37 am | Report abuse |
      • Ivan

e.l Posted on For one thing unless they're pulbsihed you mean writers'.Only you can decide when, as it needs to fit round you and your members' schedules.

September 3, 2012 at 4:35 am | Report abuse |
  17. Kenny

I love it!

August 25, 2012 at 2:03 am | Report abuse |
  18. Pete

Nice looking food truck, wish you all the luck and success, I have a little business it's called" Petes Wicked Tunes" I have fun and make a few bucks may not sound professional but it works

August 25, 2012 at 1:52 am | Report abuse |
  19. Fred Sanford Martinez

I'l have some chitlins with rice and beans with them collard greens. A fried chicken taco and some cherry Kool-aid. Lmmfao......

August 24, 2012 at 4:28 pm | Report abuse |
    • Chocolate cupcakes

That would maybe be funny in the 1980s. Nowadays its just "yawn."

August 24, 2012 at 11:50 pm | Report abuse |
    • Marge

After a few beers, that would probably sound delicious.

August 25, 2012 at 7:39 am | Report abuse |
  20. Columbia54

People, you're not playing the game! CNN wants you to be mad that this guy is using this seemingly non-PC term. You're not supposed to LIKE what he's doing. Where's the conflict in that? Without conflict, CNN has nothing to write about. Play the game right so the guys at CNN can keep their jobs.

August 24, 2012 at 4:08 pm | Report abuse |
    • rh

My friend's husband is a Jewican I guess. I was talking to her and she mentioned Hispanic kids having scholarship benefits, and I said "You mean Hispanic kids like your children?". She didn't get what I was trying to say.

August 24, 2012 at 7:30 pm | Report abuse |
      • ¡Hola Cabrón!

Neither do I. It's pretty cryptic.

August 25, 2012 at 2:57 am | Report abuse |
  21. Educator

@John Doe
    You understand journalism about as well as you understand particle physics.

August 24, 2012 at 3:56 pm | Report abuse |
    • Jesus Cortez

"Educator" (not original and pathetic at most).......it's ridiculous...not rediculous. Dummy.

August 24, 2012 at 6:20 pm | Report abuse |
  22. info

is it good?

August 24, 2012 at 3:18 pm | Report abuse |
    • gavingodfrey

Really good. Promise.

August 24, 2012 at 3:34 pm | Report abuse |
  23. John Doe

This is news? We have other things to talk about than this. Maybe he can feed bums.

August 24, 2012 at 3:17 pm | Report abuse |
    • gavingodfrey

He uses the tips the to feed the homeless.

August 24, 2012 at 3:33 pm | Report abuse |
    • tommygun

Why the hell you on here, then? You came all the way here, read the article, logged in, only to gripe about this not being news? Why the hell you on here, then? Take you griping elsewhere, Debbie Downer.

August 24, 2012 at 3:57 pm | Report abuse |
    • Joeseph

Everything is News jonnyDoe dumb head ..

August 24, 2012 at 5:14 pm | Report abuse |
    • Marge

Actually he has fed homeless people. If you don't want to read stories like this, feel free to skip over it.

August 25, 2012 at 7:40 am | Report abuse |
  24. Susan

I have to go to Atlanta in a few weeks. I can't wait to try this guy's food.

August 24, 2012 at 3:15 pm | Report abuse |
  25. sknsfn

I would luv to try some of those dishes. I am African American...and NOT offended, just hungry!!! good work guy. You know they are going to try to steal your idea.

August 24, 2012 at 3:11 pm | Report abuse |
  26. Onetime

I guess I don't get the point of calling yourself mexican soul food. I can go anywhere and get a fish taco. Philly nacho's? I can think of 3 places I can walk to from here to get them. Sweet potato fries? Even Arby's has those. Best thing about the truck is the name. The food you can get anywhere else.

August 24, 2012 at 3:05 pm | Report abuse |
  27. Rick

This is Mexcellent.

August 24, 2012 at 2:56 pm | Report abuse |
  28. Real Mex

I heard Obama is going to regulate Salt consumption. Since it is bad for your health hence needs to be regulated. When will I have to sign a salt disclosure with several picture images of open heart surgery?

August 24, 2012 at 2:50 pm | Report abuse |
    • Really?

Gracious. Where do you "hear" such things? Rush Limbaugh?

August 24, 2012 at 3:02 pm | Report abuse |
    • Rommy Romulan

Yes but only dimwit Republicans will have to comply with the law.

August 24, 2012 at 3:04 pm | Report abuse |
    • Peter

Speeding is dangerous and is regulated. Alcohol is regulated. Seatbelts are regulated. Heck, crossing the street is even regulated. The government regulates because people have proven over time they cannot regulate themselves. The sodium initiative is not an overreach by the government, it's to protect the people who by choice or otherwise cannot make a healthy decision. Obesity is out of control and we are suffering as a nation. We need to give up this front of incessant liberty and freedom because it's killing us.

August 24, 2012 at 3:18 pm | Report abuse |
    • ¡Hola Cabrón!

@Real Mex – Salt regulation? Huh? That's what your kidneys are for.

August 25, 2012 at 2:59 am | Report abuse |
  29. FeedMeGoodFood

Could it be racism is in you? The tongue speaks the innermost thoughts of the heart.

The Blaxican, you can man! Your business, your decision. More power to you! I bid you every success in your business.

Barbequeue rib soft tacos! I'm hungry now.

August 24, 2012 at 2:48 pm | Report abuse |
  30. beer immediately

Sounds like good stuff, I want to try this food.
    Some of you racist white people are funny. If he was unemployed, you would be complaining how "you have to go to work to suport this lazy scrub"
    Now that he opened his own business, some of you are complaining that his name is somehow atrocious. What a joke.

August 24, 2012 at 2:48 pm | Report abuse |
    • Lisa

I have to go to Atlanta in a few days. I will look this truck up and support him.

August 25, 2012 at 12:35 am | Report abuse |
  31. duchessodork

I'm totally in love with this guy. I'm a Latina and I love his idea, his passion, and his creativity. I think he's a fantastic role models for anyone who has struggled. He sounds very happy and very blessed and I wish him nothing but the best.

August 24, 2012 at 2:43 pm | Report abuse |
  32. MLatino

I love the concept. As a Mexican, I am not offended. In order to go mainstream, he might have to change the name eventually but the concept of Mexican style Soul Food is actually pretty cool.

August 24, 2012 at 2:33 pm | Report abuse |
  33. Alex

I do not like the name, because not exist black Mexicans

August 24, 2012 at 2:28 pm | Report abuse |
    • Tony F

There are Black Mexicans in Veracruz, Mexico

August 24, 2012 at 2:38 pm | Report abuse |
    • Whatareyoutalkingabout

Wrong, wrong, wrong!!! He may not be black, but there are many black Mexicans. Furthermore, there are statues of black slaves who helped liberate Mexico. Shame how many people don't realize that North and South America were majorly influenced by black people. 15,000,000 brought to South America compared to 500,000 to North. Where do you think they would have more impact?

August 24, 2012 at 2:41 pm | Report abuse |
    • Adrian

I think this is a great idea. I am Mexican-American and the name does not offend me at all, in fact I had a girlfriend couple years ago. who was in fact half- Black half-Mexican and she and I in fact used the same exact term, said she was "Blaxican" all the time. Good luck with your business.

August 24, 2012 at 2:46 pm | Report abuse |
    • benjamin

Alex – Ya need to do some research before saying there are no black Mexicans. Although not common, they have and still exist today.

August 24, 2012 at 2:55 pm | Report abuse |
    • Ricky

I have met black Mexicans, and most Mexicans in general are dark enough to be blaxicans. :)

August 24, 2012 at 3:16 pm | Report abuse |
    • FloridaTipo

Alex, I'm not sure where you are from. but there are plenty of Black/Afro-Mexicans in Vera Cruz and Costa Chica... You many want to check Wikipedia from time to time.

August 25, 2012 at 2:06 am | Report abuse |
    • Keith

At the time of Mexican independence there were more black people in Mexico than there were Spaniards.

August 27, 2012 at 12:18 pm | Report abuse |
  34. Babycakumms

Who cares if he is black or Mexican! This is an AWSOME example of two cultural foods coming together to satisfy something that every race has .. TASTE BUDS! Right on brotha! Do what you do and keep pushing to making your dream come true!

August 24, 2012 at 2:24 pm | Report abuse |
  35. Educator

"Latino's", "you're" instead of "your", "rediculously", "bussiness". I weep for our language.

August 24, 2012 at 2:21 pm | Report abuse |
    • southernsugar

Educator.......it's ridiculous...not rediculous.

August 24, 2012 at 2:28 pm | Report abuse |
      • Educator

@southernsugar
        Reading comprehension. Try it some time.

August 24, 2012 at 3:59 pm | Report abuse |
  36. Tammy

The prejudice of people astounds and disgusts me. If I saw the truck I would absolutely try Mexican soul food. I hope the busines is rediculously successful!

August 24, 2012 at 2:18 pm | Report abuse |
    • Babs

The food sounds good and a great blend of cultures. Very Creative and Unique! LOVE IT!

August 24, 2012 at 2:30 pm | Report abuse |
  37. Dr. G

All we need now is Boudin Tacos.

August 24, 2012 at 2:17 pm | Report abuse |
  38. Phil

Great idea. This is the sort of thing that makes america a great country to live and do bussiness in. Forget the ignorance that some of these folks have posted here. Continue to keep keeping on. God bless you, and if I ever run across your food truck I would be glad to give the viddles a try.

August 24, 2012 at 2:13 pm | Report abuse |
  39. Mexican Hypocrisy

The real story out there, that news media outlets, politicians, race activists and so on don't discuss is more difficult to discuss.

Its no secret in the African American community, that Mexicans, NOT Latino's in general, but specifically Mexican have strong and I mean very strong racist sentiments towards African Americans.

They have pushed out African Americans out of traditionally Black communities across the USA, but especially in California.

I have little time to expand on even more instances of racism towards African Americans by Mexicans.

But I will sum it up like this: within Mexican culture, there are racist tendencies that also extend out other NON-Mexican Latin American groups. Yes, Latino on Latino racism. And it comes directly from Mexican to whomever they think is not a Mexican.

I'm not making this up now, it does exist. Try it. Confront a Mexican person, born in Mexico or born here in the USA, ASK them about this racism. Then, see what they say. Most will try to deflect it and point out others racism, but never admitting to their own strong racism that exists in their CULTURE.

So, to me, when a Mexican group, under the guise of representing ALL LATINO'S, complains about any racism, I have to laugh incredulously. From what I've experienced, observed and heard first hand as they drop their guard in front of me thinking I'M Mexican, you'd be appalled, I'm taken aback by the utter hypocrisy of these complainers.

August 24, 2012 at 2:10 pm | Report abuse |
    • Grey

You're comment is longer than the article. Knock it off.

August 24, 2012 at 2:13 pm | Report abuse |
      • Jorge

Your comment should focus on the treatment of immigrants by Mexicans. Their Immigration system make ours seem like the welcoming committee at Disney.

August 24, 2012 at 2:23 pm | Report abuse |
    • Educator

@Mexican Hypocrisy
      Yes, thank you for pointing out that racism is endemic to all cultures. You fail to realize, however, that it is specific to individuals. Also, please learn how to use an apostrophe correctly. The plural of "Latino" is "Latinos".

August 24, 2012 at 2:18 pm | Report abuse |
    • Kettle's Black

Oh yeah... those Mexicans are really racist.

August 25, 2012 at 8:51 am | Report abuse |
    • MKW465

MY GRANDDAUGHTER IS A BEAUTIFUL BLAXICAN. DON'T MAKE BROAD STATEMENTS ABOUT CONDITIONS OF YESTERYEAR. SOME AFRICAN AMERICANS AND SOME MEXICAN AMERICANS MAY HOLD ONTO STALE IDEAS AND BELIEFS BUT DON'T SPEAK FOR US ALL.

August 25, 2012 at 10:08 am | Report abuse |
  40. Lee s

If everyone was as in touch with themselves as this guy we wouldnt have so many "over sensitive" types running around.Why sugar coat it? You are what you are. Let your actions speak for you.

August 24, 2012 at 2:06 pm | Report abuse |
  41. Roland Uringler

Sounds like good food. The PC folks get upset with everything and probably won't eat there even though they might just like it.

August 24, 2012 at 2:04 pm | Report abuse |
  42. Jacksmith

Black people are Indians and mexicans are half Indians so it all adds up to a Inadian Dish ....black people are not Native America they are Indian part Indian from India .

August 24, 2012 at 1:30 pm | Report abuse |
    • Black & Native Am.

You are mis-informed. My paternal great-grandfather was a full blooded cherokee, dark skinned indian with coal black straight hair. I also have native american on the other grandfather's side. I am black.

Additionally, there are black american decendents from tribes in Oklahoma and others. Where do you get this nonsense information?? Does the term 'freedman' rolls mean anything to you? sheeesh.

August 24, 2012 at 1:50 pm | Report abuse |
    • Concerned

Jack Smith, I don't think you know what your talking about... Actually, I'm sure you don't.

August 24, 2012 at 1:51 pm | Report abuse |
    • intheknow

Blacks are Indian and mexican? Are you serious??? do you know anything about American History. I didn't read anywhere that mexicans or indians where on any slave ships. Get your facts right before posting something that sounds good in your head... Not Smart!

August 24, 2012 at 1:57 pm | Report abuse |
    • Robert

You are an idiot.

August 24, 2012 at 2:11 pm | Report abuse |
    • Educator

You, yourself, are mostly Ignorant, partly Pathetic.

August 24, 2012 at 2:12 pm | Report abuse |
    • Ricky

Black people are from Africa, not from India, you dumbass. Mexicans are half (mixed in many degrees actually) Amerindians (native Americans). Indians can be as dark as a black person, but they are from India, not Africa.

August 24, 2012 at 3:21 pm | Report abuse |
  43. lacoaster

Let me guess... $40 for a gumbo burrito. The receipt states "A-is, no returns."

August 24, 2012 at 1:21 pm | Report abuse |
    • gavingodfrey

No gumbo burrito, but the most expensive item is like $8. That sounds tasty though.

August 24, 2012 at 1:38 pm | Report abuse |
    • Educator

@lacoaster
      Incorrect, moronic guess.

August 24, 2012 at 2:14 pm | Report abuse |
  44. Htownfoodie

Kudos to the guy, the food sounds very yummy. Reminds me of a food truck here in Houston call El Correano Mexicano, "The Mexican Korean". i luv me sum good phusion foods!

August 24, 2012 at 1:16 pm | Report abuse |
  45. Bob Hope's Ghost

Obama- "You didn't build that"

hey, you knew it was coming

August 24, 2012 at 12:48 pm | Report abuse |
    • sjj668

You mean the road the truck is on; the cops' salaries who make sure he doesn't get robbed and hey even the truck itself whose factory has a whole infrastructure paid for and maintained by various federal, state, and local agencies. Well you knew that was coming too.

August 24, 2012 at 1:53 pm | Report abuse |
      • Joepub

How do you know what, if any subsidies that factory who made the trucks received?

August 24, 2012 at 2:46 pm | Report abuse |
    • Blah blah the wheel's off your trailer

And the Confederates didn't build the American South. Four hundred years of FREE slave labor built that. I"m sure you knew that was coming. Troll!

August 24, 2012 at 2:12 pm | Report abuse |
  46. Ms B from St. Petersburg Florida

Got excited about your food truck...I meant to say you did not mope around and complain. You did something about your situation and became successful

August 24, 2012 at 12:40 pm | Report abuse |
    • Squeezebox

I'm not putting down the man's accomplishment, but starting a food truck should be a choice, not a retirement plan. It seems like a lot of good people are getting fired for the crime of turning 50 and nobody will hire them due to age. Society demands that they cash in their 401-K's and start their own businesses in order to have jobs at all. If you can't be a successful entrepreneur and you're over 50, you're expected to starve to death because "nobody needs you anymore".

August 24, 2012 at 12:56 pm | Report abuse |
  47. Ms B from St. Petersburg Florida

I commend you on not letting anything get in your way of becoming successful. You mope around and complain. You are strong and innovative. Way to go!!!!

August 24, 2012 at 12:38 pm | Report abuse |
  48. Fat as Christie

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm, right after I give my speech in Flordia, I am hooking up with this man's food truck. Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

August 24, 2012 at 12:37 pm | Report abuse |
  49. tea party member

Q: How many illegal mexicans does it take to shingle a roof?
    A: It depends how thin they're sliced.

August 24, 2012 at 12:36 pm | Report abuse |
    • Blah blah the wheel's off your trailer

How many racist scumbags does it take to bring back Jim Crow? While your confederate ancestors fought a civil war to undermine our democracy and maintain their shameful, oppressive and inhumane system of slavery, the Union fought back to defend and preserve our democracy. I find it f-ing appaling that you confederate scumbags are now strolling around America, wrapped not in the confederate flag but in the American flag calling yourselves patriots. F-you all!

August 24, 2012 at 2:22 pm | Report abuse |
      • Robot

This is a republic. K thx. ^.^

August 24, 2012 at 3:26 pm | Report abuse |
  50. Jen B

Thing is, there are actually black Mexicans. Whole communities live in the Costa Chica area.

August 24, 2012 at 12:34 pm | Report abuse |
  51. Dave

Right on brother

August 24, 2012 at 12:30 pm | Report abuse |
  52. Jimbo

I've eaten his food and its great. He's out all the time at the Atlanta Food Truck park at Howell Mill and I-75,

August 24, 2012 at 12:26 pm | Report abuse |
  53. manyote

Is Blaxican Food something like a Rasta Raspa? Which is a rastararian snowcone.

August 24, 2012 at 12:24 pm | Report abuse |
  54. shannon

lol that's funny. what a great plug for this guy. you can even see his phone number on the side of his truck. wonder how many calls he's getting today!!

August 24, 2012 at 12:24 pm | Report abuse |
  55. lolita from rhode island

LOL funny stuff. Well, it beats unemployment. I'm not offended by this at all

August 24, 2012 at 12:23 pm | Report abuse |
  56. cacique

There is always something Mexican for all people, even if unknowingly...

August 24, 2012 at 12:18 pm | Report abuse |
  57. palintwit

That looks like like same bus Sarah Palin was using for her cross country tour.

August 24, 2012 at 12:15 pm | Report abuse |
  58. YummMann

Serve it up,
    I'll let my taste buds decide..!

August 24, 2012 at 12:14 pm | Report abuse |
  59. Pat

Awesome! Wish I could try your food.

August 24, 2012 at 12:13 pm | Report abuse |
  60. Shazooooo

I heard about this before on an unlikely place....the Call of Duty Black Ops 2 forums in the "Off Topic" section

August 24, 2012 at 12:11 pm | Report abuse |
  61. Native American

I envy the Blacxican... I wish I could cook like him and actually have a truck like he does... I think it's cool!

August 24, 2012 at 10:43 am | Report abuse |
  62. Truefax

Chitlins and mexican food?
    Sounds like puerto rican. You they eat a lot of pig on that island, so what happens when you mix black culture and mexican culture is you get puerto rican. That's a head trip.

August 24, 2012 at 10:42 am | Report abuse |
    • Neece

That's funny!

August 24, 2012 at 11:14 am | Report abuse |
    • Jen B

Chitlins + mexican food = menudo. Never had it myself, but I know a guy who would live off of it, if he could.

August 24, 2012 at 12:39 pm | Report abuse |
      • Educator

@Jen B
        Yeah, tripe soup. It exists in other cuisines. Good hangover "cure".

August 24, 2012 at 2:16 pm | Report abuse |

Get every new post delivered to your Inbox.

Join 108 other followers